CALL FOR ENTRIES
CALL FOR ENTRIES!
We’re hosting the 3rd of our quarterly Open Call shows September 22-25, and this time the theme is Digital Civilization. Recent history has seen radical changes in the way we live, work and love due to accelerated technological innovation. Mobile devices, video games, virtual reality, dating apps and holograms are now a big part of who we are as a society. We are looking for work in any style or medium that addresses this topic, from social media and the Internet, to Pokémon and pornography. We love seeing what you come up with for these shows!
All artwork styles welcome! We do cut a piece or two from time to time if we run out of wall space, or if something doesn’t fit the theme, but we do hang at least one piece per artist, and we’ll let you know when you drop off work if none of your pieces fit the theme of the show.
Details are similar our past open call shows:
• $30 per artist entry fee (non-refundable)
• Artists can submit up to 3 pieces
• Maximum selling price $300 (We find that reasonably priced stuff sells the best, so don’t just price everything at $300…)
• #Hashtag Gallery earns 40% commission on sold work
• All skill levels welcome, but we will be curating the show and cutting pieces we don’t feel fit with the theme.
So BRING YOUR “A GAME”! We’re looking forward to seeing what you’ve got!!
Show runs September 22-25, 2016
All artwork must be submitted in person by September 18th 2016 at 8pm.
Our address is:
#Hashtag Gallery Ltd.
830 Dundas St. W., Toronto, ON, M6J 1V3
**Unsold artwork must be picked up and removed from the gallery no later than 8pm, September 25th. Any artwork remaining after 10 days of the show’s end date (without arrangements for pick-up) will be considered a donation and become property of Hashtag Gallery Ltd.**